Thursday, January 27, 2011

I'm Bummed

My birthday is Sunday and I have talked NONSTOP about going out to Olive Garden on Saturday!  We owe it to Paige (because she has made Honor Roll not once, but twice this year) and it was going to be my birthday dinner.  I could almost taste their crisp salad and yummy breadsticks!  I'm not sure what I would've ordered, but you can bet it would have been creamy and savory.  I was even going to sneak over to Gigi's Cupcakes and get us a couple of those.  This would have been a big splurge for our family, but hey, you don't celebrate birthdays and awesome report cards everyday, right?

You may be asking, "Why are you not going now?"  Well, let me tell ya!   I went into Kroger for a few items that were on the 4-day sale.  I had a budget of $10.  $60 later, I now have 2 gallons of chocolate milk, 2 gallons of 1% milk, lots of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cauliflower, celery, and some other odds and ends.  These were great deals!!! I just coudln't pass them up!  1/2 gallon of chocolate milk is 99 cents.....well if you buy 2, that is only $1.98 for a gallon of premixed chocolate milk, you can't buy regular milk that cheap!  Great Buy!.  The regular milk (all but skim) was $1.25 for a half gallon, making that only $2.50 for a gallons worth, which was $1 cheaper than buying a gallon of milk.  With 3 kids, having milk on hand is a must!  Then I'm starting a diet on February 1st.  I'm following the signs of the moon and I'm pumped.  Well, I needed the boneless skinless chicken breast for that, and it was marked down (the only reason why I went ahead and got it and bought so much of it).  Plus the cauliflower and celery were marked down and I can chop them up for my Once A Month Cooking.  So while I'm super excited about all my purchases, I'm bummed about my birthday dinner.  I'm still going to take Paige the next weekend because she has worked so hard for hers, but I will just have to sit back and let her enjoy the meal alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment